Basic Introduction on Html
Html basically is a markup language which is used to create front end structure of an website, front-end refers to the data which we see on the web.
Html stands for Hyper Text Markup Language. Html is not an programming language rather it is an markup language (which uses tags to define elements within a document). html is a case insensitive language that means we can use both capital case and smaller case for writing tags. Html files have an extension .html or .htm.
Html is developed by world wide web consortium. The current version of html that we are now using is html5.
- HTML Versions
Since the early days of the web, there have been many versions of HTML:
no need of any programming background basic code are written in form of tags which can easing understand by anyone whose ever having basic knowledge regarding alphabets and symbols.
it need only browser to run the code that was written in any text editor like notepad.
html support various browser such as mozilla firefox,google chrome, safari, opera mini, internet explorer etc.
- Where to write?
for writting the code first of all we have to open a text editor like notepad or notepad++. after the writting code we have to save code with exetention .html and we can also reopen the html file with notepad to make any edtion
- Basic structure of Html is given below
<HEAD> <TITLE> Document Title </TITLE> </HEAD>
This is the Body of the Webpage.
every tag in html we uses has its own way to show output on the webpage.. so now we will see what are the different tags are avalaible in html :-
The basic tag is heading tag ie <h1> to <h6> where h1 gives the maximum size of the text while <h6> give the lowest size of the text.
- COMMENT TAG
this tag is used when we want to insert a comment on html source code but it not show any change in web browser because this tag is just used to give information aboat the code. it will help to user when he will edit the source code in future
These are the some basic tags which are commonly used while designing of webpages :-
- Advantages of HTML:
- First advantage it is widely used its simply means that html is used all over the world.
- Every browser supports HTML language.
- Easy to learn and use.
- It is by default in every windows so you don’t need to purchase extra software.
- Disadvantages of HTML:
- It can create only static and plain pages so if we need dynamic pages then HTML is not useful.
- Need to write lot of code for making simple webpage.
- Security features are not good in HTML.
- If we need to write long code for making a webpage then it produces some complexity.